Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sarah's Salad

I've grown up with this delicious salad! 
I made it last Sunday when we had dinner with Paul and Cortney.
Here's the recipe :)

Ingredients:
1 head of iceberg lettuce (or two bags of the dole lettuce)
3 strips bacon
1/2 10-oz package frozen peas
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
2/3 cup chopped green onion
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup miracle whip

Directions:
Wash and drain lettuce. Dry thoroughly. Dice bacon and saute until crisp then drain on paper towels (I just cooked it in the microwave). Run hot water over frozen peas and drain. Tear lettuce into bite-size pieces into salad bowl. Sprinkle with sugar, salt, and pepper. Add peas, cheese, onion, mayonnaise, and miracle whip. (These ingredients may be layered, if desired, with the mayonnaise spread on last. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.) Chill. Toss when ready to serve and garnish with bacon. Makes 8 servings.

2 comments:

  1. So...how do I post a recipe? I can look at it, but I don't know how to post on it. p.s. ill let it slide that it's called DICKSON family cookbook...I am a Mead : (

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this comment, sorry about the name! You still count as a Dickson :) We can name the blog whatever we want, that's just what came to mind first, so it's open for suggestion :)

    ReplyDelete